1. Check for injuries and start first aid if needed. Remain calm.
2. Move yourself to a safe location if necessary.
3. Call 911 for law enforcement and emergency medical personnel assistance.
4. Take note of other vehicles, type, color, damage, license plate number, etc.
5. ID witnesses and obtain their contact information.
6. Speak to police only. Do not make any admissions to anyone.
7. When being examined by EMS personnel, let them know how you feel everywhere on your body. Do not withhold injury information from them.
8. Locate your driver’s license, vehicle registration, and insurance information for police.
9. If your car is not drivable, ask for a towing company of your choice and have your vehicle towed to a location of your choice (dealer, body shop, or another storage free location). Towing companies charge $25.00 or more to store your car and if your bill is not paid within a specified time, the tow company may take ownership of your car).
10. Have all injuries checked by a doctor, nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant as soon as possible, but not more than 14 days after the accident.
11. Call us at 800-332-9404 for legal help.
12. Report the accident to your own insurance company. (Do not give a recorded statement without legal representation).
13. Seek all medical help recommended by your doctors.
Goldstein, Buckley, Cechman, Rice & Purtz, P.A. has six offices in Southwest Florida. The offices are located in Fort Myers (two offices to serve you), Cape Coral, Naples, Lehigh Acres, and Port Charlotte for your convenience. Call us first at 800-332-9404 or fill out a simple case form today.